Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's a 'Magic Name"?!

On our first day together, the first day of "Volar", we all came up with Magic Names for ourselves. It's simple to do, really. Just take the first letter of your first name and come up with a word that starts with the same letter that describes you. Be sure to make it something positive and something that you're happy and proud to share with everyone.

For example, my name is Alan, so I have to find a word that I think describes me that starts with an "A". A few times, my friends have called me "amazing" and that's made me very happy. So I've decided that my Magic Name is "Amazing Alan"!

This is great for when people meet each other for the first time (like all the students in the "Volar" program, some of which hadn't met each other before) and for people who need help remembering names (like some "Amazing" teaching artists).

I hope you come up with your own Magic Name. Put it in the comments down below, if you want to share.

Yours Truly,
Amazing Alan!

No comments:

Post a Comment